The good news is YES. But you can’t connect it directly, the reason behind is our laptops and computers have only HDMI OUT port and we need HDMI IN port for using Roku Express Plus. Hence, we need to use the alternative technique to achieve this fete or you can directly seek the procedure by contacting Roku Setup Technical Help
There are two ways of connecting with computer:-
- Wonder share Video Converter
- Plex Media Server
Roku Express Plus can be used via Computer – Wonder share Video Converter
Wonder share Video Converter is a powerful converter, it’s not only the converter but it also act as a DVD Burner, Video Editor and down loader. The latest version also comprised of the strongest plugin named as Media Server, which allows you to stream your local media files from PC to Roku as long as both of them are situated in the same network. Now you can follow the steps below to see how it works or you can simply take Roku Link Activation Support.
Step 1:- Launching Media Server
- First, download Wonder share Video Converter Application using Internet.
- Launch Media Server Application on your Computer or Laptop.
- Afterwards, the shortcut icons of Media Server will be display on the desktop.
- Now, double click the icon or you can open the application from the START Menu.
- Once it’s started, the Media Server will automatically detect the available streaming devices in the same network.
- On the primary window, choose Roku Express Plus from the bottom.
Step 2:- Adding Local Files
- Choose a category from the right side of Media Server, then hit “Disk scan”.
- Add all the media in your folder to the files tray.
- You can also choose to click “Import” to add specific files to directly locate your files by just navigating through the Computer option.
Step 3:- Streaming the Videos
- Drift over a clip and the “Play on TV” icon will appear.
- Click on it and the streaming window will pop up.
- Ultimately, the videos will appear at your TV Screen.
Roku Express Plus can be used via Computer –Plex Media Server
Here is the solution for streaming the videos from PC to Roku. Just click the Plex Media Server icon from your system. Let’s shade upon the steps how to get started.
Step 1:- Launching the application
- Download and install the Plex Media server application on your computer.
- After a few seconds, a new tab in your browser will pop up. Here click “+” and you’ll see five options for adding media to your library. Choose a type and click "Next".
- Then click "Add Folder" and navigate to the folder containing the media you want to add.
- Click “Add Folder” again if you want to include additional folders.
- When you've done with your selections, click “Add Library”. It may take a minute or two for your media to appear in the browser tab.
Step 2:- Adding Plex channels to your Roku Account
- Sign in your Roku Account from your TV or any device.
- Search and add Plex channel into your Roku Account.
- Start streaming videos added to the application through the added channel.
- Now you can browse or view as you like.
You can avail more information regarding” How you can connect Roku Express Plus with your Computer?” you can directly call our Roku Activation Code Service toll-free number (+1-800-723-9492).